May 14, 2012

Letter to baby from Grandma B

I’ve waited my entire adult life for your mom to say, "I'm going to have a baby.” Now the time has come. I recall the Bible verse; God knew you before He planted you in your momma’s womb. Grandma has loved you and has been praying for you long before you were conceived...same as when I prayed for the man your momma would marry. God sure answered my prayer. Your daddy is a wonderful man, who loves your momma dearly.

You are our precious gift from God. Momma and daddy chose a name, although you are still known to everyone as “Baby Girl", (it’s a secret for now.  When I went to the D.R. to visit you & your parents, you were so active in momma's tummy. I got to feel you kicking and moving. I have a feeling you will be just like her...always on the move, "feet in the street", as your Great-grandpa (Papa) would say about me.
We will all have something of ourselves to give to you, and in turn, I believe, God has something special for you to give to all of us. I can hardly wait to spoil you and do the things that grandma’s do, like staying up late talking and watching movies, playing games, going to the park, reading and praying together. Also, baking cookies, cakes (maybe even mud pies in the backyard) and have tea parties, getting all dressed up with cute little hats and wearing lipstick. Dearest to my heart would be going strawberry picking together, (like your momma, Aunt Brittany and I did with your Great-Grandma "Nana"), then coming home and making jars of strawberry jam, and I can't forget the strawberry shortcake. I’ll have your picture all around my home and on my refrigerator along with your scribbling that your momma will explain to me what you were creating.
Another blessing is I will be able to show your pictures to my friends, my very first grandchild, with such pride in my heart. I also look forward to talking with you by telephone and hearing your cute littlevoice giggling on the other end. We can’t forget the birthday parties with the balloons, streamers, and a big sign announcing your special day and of course the birthday cake with the number of years on it that you have blessed us all.

I wonder if you’ll have long fingers like momma and play the piano as she did. She and your Aunt Brittany (who played the flute), did a beautiful recital together. You'll love your Aunt Brittany, she is a teacher also. She loves the outdoors, to read, and has a real passion and love for the Lord and children. You’ll also love your Uncle Bradley, who has a loving heart and will spoil you rotten. He can't wait to have kids of his own, so you will be good training for him. I'm sure he will teach you how to play basketball, water sports, and how to find a good buy on a home.

So as you can tell, you are already a priceless blessing to me, and our family. Your arrival brings with it more joy and happiness then words express. I'm anxiously anticipating your birth, and getting to see you, hold you, squeeze and kiss you! I wonder when you're born if you'll have lots of dark curly hair, just like your momma.
God has given you to two very special parents, who are so loving to everyone they meet, especially the little
children, just like Jesus. I can’t wait for you to experience their love for you.  I also claim my favorite Bible verses for you as well... “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” - Jeremiah 29:11

Love you for a Lifetime and more…..Grandma



No comments:

Post a Comment