![]() | ||
| Baby girl's first trip to Burger King :) |
Baby Girl, you are the size of a crenshaw melon this week! (whatever the heck that is..)
Baby girl,
We've made it through another week - and now we are full-term! So the reason that you are wearing your crown way up there is because you flipped! When I went to see the doctor on Tuesday, your head was pushing right up between my rib cage, we could all see and feel it pushing right out. Which means you are breech standing/sitting straight up (Jaci says I'm not allowed to use that word breech). We have been looking up ways to flip and spin you around.
Last night we could see what we thought was your head (we are always guessing) pushing through my upper stomach and so your dad got right against my stomach and was coaching you to move down in his firmest daddy voice, saying "This is your daddy talking, MOVE DOWN - RIGHT DOWN HERE, COME ON BABY, RIGHT THIS WAY" It felt like you may have been listening to him cause I felt a lot shifting around (but we couldn't tell where exactly you went). I know I have extra amniotic fluid in there so for all I know, you could be doing 20 somersaults a day in that extra space. And on the ride back up the mountain with Pastor Wesley the other day, it felt like you could have been flipping the whole time (he drives a little crazy but we love him ;) So, quien sabe....
It says online that you will gravitate toward voices and music, so it is good to play music down near my nether regions to see if you will move down that way. Your Auntie Johanna was trying to think of a playlist to get you to flip, here are some that she came up:
"Pop, lock, and drop it" Huey
"Get low" by Lil John
"Drop it like it's hot" Snoop Dogg
"Headfirst" Selena Gomez
"Face drop" Sean Kingston
"Bottoms up"
These aren't really appropriate songs for songs for you, but we'll see what you think about it and if we can get you to move. :)
I'm also trying to make a playlist for the hospital today. I'm not up on new music anymore being down here, but so far I've just got a lot of classic old stuff and am looking for ideas. My friend Jonelle from college suggested "Push It" by Salt n' Pepper. These aren't really baby songs, but I think you might get a kick out of reading this someday?
It has been so hot these days, especially on days like today, the electricity goes out for hours and I just sit in my sweat wishing for the fan to come back on. I take cold showers and am hot again within 5 minutes. I am tempted to go blow up your kiddie swimming pool I got from your baby shower and sit out in the front yard. My bathing suits don't fit anymore so I'd have to go in my underwear - wonder what all of the construction workers would think about that? :)
Well girlie, sorry this is such a silly letter this week and I don't have a lot of deep, meaningful stuff to write about on this hot sticky day. Mostly I just want to say
I cannot wait for you to get here!
But I know you will wait until you're ready and that's ok. In the meantime, I think you've gotten to be pretty darn strong these days. I imagine you inside playing on my rib cage like a xylophone, jumping on my pelvic floor like it's a trampoline, and playing bumper cars against my bladder. I don't know what you're really doing in there, but that sure is what it feels like.
So little chica, feel free to start somersaulting down at any time. Your dad and I will keep with our creative ways to get you to do a flip. But if you don't, you are scheduled to arrive via c-section on June 8th. We'll see if that ends up being your birthday.
We love you lots and can't wait to meet you soon. We're feeling all ready for you to come now - yesterday I hung the letters of your name above your crib. Your Auntie Paola made them and they look super cute. Just a couple more weeks now, I can't believe it's so soon!
Love,
Your momma

C'mon, little lady--let's see a flip. :) If I could send you an A/C you know I would. Thinking of you...TWO special birthdays just around the corner!
ReplyDelete