Baby Girl, you are the size of a cantaloupe! You are over 5 pounds now!
Hey baby girl,
This week we went on a babymoon! It was 4 days and 4 nights of absolute bliss, total relaxation, and serious pigging out. I still can't believe we booked it for $12 a night, the resort was beautiful and when I wasn't stuffing my face, I spent most of the time laying on one of these sun beds on the beach drinking virgin pina coladas and looking out at this. When I got hot, I'd jump in the pool or the ocean, and then go back to snuggling with your dad on my sunbed and reading my book. It was fabuloso.
Saturday night was Cinco de Mayo so we went out to the resort's Mexican restaurant. I wish Dominicans could cook good Mexican (Mexican food is my favorite), but this place didn't really do it justice. BUT on the upside, the resort had ice cream everyday at lunch and yummy virgin mixed drinks that tasted like ice cream, so I got to make up for the past 4 months of these cravings in just 4 days. I can't imagine how much weight I gained this weekend... I'm a little scared to check. :)
You were quite the conversation starter in the buffet lines, by the pool, and everywhere we went. Every time I turned sideways people would stare at me like "WHOA MAMA", they would come up and ask "How far along are you?" and "The doctor let you get on an airplane like THAT?" - then they'd say "What!? You live HERE?" I'd have to explain yes, but not at the resort, and this started lots of long conversations with lots of really nice people. You know baby girl, that even though sometimes I get discouraged with all the bad, crazy, sick people in the world, there are so many good ones too. We met so many people that wanted to pray for you and for our ministry. So no matter, never lose your faith in people. For every bit of bad out there, there is oh so much good too.
I woke your dad up at 6 a.m. our last day here to watch the sunrise. It was beautiful. He got this photo for you of my big belly in the sunrise. :)
On the way out, we passed HOMS hospital in Santiago - this is where you will be born pretty soon (God willing that we get there on time - your dad is scared to death of you popping out on the way down the mountain, so please please try to chill for the car ride for us, k? :)
Yesterday I went to the doctor again and he says you are looking good. I am not sure why but he did a close up of your little private parts on the ultrasound and then printed it (the only picture he printed) and gave it to my friend Jaci who was there with me. I think she was really confused about it. But she passed on the picture to me - I'm sure there will be a day that we can pull them out to embarrass you with. ;)
Every week we are getting more and more ready for you. I've got your crib all ready and your clothes and stuff all sorted now. I keep checking items off the list. Your Auntie Paola is sending more things up for you this week too, from your cousins Ana Leah and Rachel. I can't believe 6 months ago I was worried about you being that poor missionary kid running around naked outside and that we wouldn't know how to get by. God has provided an abundance for you from so many people here who already love you so much. I can't say enough how tremendously blessed we are. The ones who are far away and aren't able to be here always send their love, prayers, and encouragement to you all the time. You are so loved by so many.
Okay your dad wants to write to you now too...
Dear baby ,
Tonight is Taco Thursday and tomorrow is Pizza Friday. We look forward to sharing these traditions with you.
And that's as far as he got. When I asked, "What else babe?", I could hear him snoring. This was at 7:30p.m. :) Your poor dad works so hard. I'm sure he will try again soon.
And that's as far as he got. When I asked, "What else babe?", I could hear him snoring. This was at 7:30p.m. :) Your poor dad works so hard. I'm sure he will try again soon.
Well we'll be seeing you soon chica. We love you lots!
Love,
Your momma
Not long to go now! I love the sunset photo! :) We were worried about making it to the hospital in time too (we had Alidia in Sosua, so about 1 hour and 20 minutes from here). I was 10cm dilated within half an hour of arriving at the hospital and she was born very very soon after! Great that it was quick, but definitely made us nervous in the car ride there! ;) Hope you make it in plenty of time! How long is your drive? Wishing you all the best in your final few weeks!!
ReplyDelete