Photo Credit: Our amazing photographer friend Jessica Ensing
Baby Girl, You are the size of a Pineapple this week!
Hey little chica,
Sorry for the lack of sideshot picture this week - it's been kinda a crazy week and just slipped by... but thanks to your Auntie Jessica, we got the next best thing. (and just trust me in saying that even you can't see it from the side, the belly is big). This pic was taken at your dad's "2nd annual chilli cook-off" that he put on this weekend. It was so cute, he put so much time into it and made all these cute prizes, and then he won first place. I added up the points and he won fair and square but afterward he said he was embarrassed cause he put it on and made the prizes and he wished I gave first prize to someone else. Oh well.. your dad is always thinking first about other people before himself. That's what I love about him. But we played lots of games and had tons of fun, and hopefully by the time you are reading this, you'll be cooking a pot of chilli for our 20th chilli cook-off? We'll see... :)
So, you know how everyone is saying I'm so big and look like I'm ready to give birth any day? And I have been feeling pretty ready too? You must have heard us cause you dropped way down low, too low is what the doctor says. And since I've had some infections that just don't want to clear up, the doctor started using these four letter words that I haven't heard since first trimester - high risk. I hate those words, I hoped I wouldn't have to ever hear them again. High risk for pre-term birth specifically. So baby, I know you've probably heard me say sometimes that I'm too big, it hurts too much, I can't sleep, I can't make it through two more months of this. I'm sorry I said those things. I take it all back. Please just hang in there a little while longer, okay? The doctor is taking all the precautionary measures, including bedrest for me (another 4 letter word), and I promise to do everything I can to keep you safe in there. You have been such a miraculous survivor through every step of this whole pregnancy and blown me away, so I know you can keep it up. I believe in you and I love you so much. Stick in there. We can do it together. You have so many people who love you, are praying for you, and are rooting you on. And now I'm crying. Again. For like the bajillionth time this week. Your doctor, Dr. Reyes took me on a tour of the maternity ward this week at the hospital and I saw all the babies in their little incubators and just started BAWLING. I don't know what it was, I guess I still just can't believe this is really all happening. But I'm so excited, and can't wait to meet you soon. Just hang out a little longer ok? Enjoy yourself, take a little swim - we'll be eagerly awaiting you soon on the other side.
Love,
Your momma
P.S. I'll show you the maternity photos and maybe announce your name next week... MAYBE. I think your dad might add a little note in here too cause he's been talking about it. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment