Apr 2, 2012

29 weeks



Confession - I was actually only 28 weeks, 6 days, and 23 hours pregnant when your grandma took this picture, but I figured close enough :)
When your dad kissed my belly, you started to wiggle around inside which made me laugh :)
 
Baby girl is the size of a squash!

Hey pretty girl,
I decided to go with one of those fill-in-the-blank form thingys that I said I would never do - just to catch you up to speed on all of my preggo stats.  So here goes:

How far along? 29 weeks

Total weight gain: Oh my gosh - this is crazy.  SOOOO in my first 25 weeks, I gained a whole 8 pounds.  The doctor was worried about my weight and all that cause I was never gaining weight.  And then in the past 3 1/2 weeks, I have gained... (gasp) 10 more pounds. (this was without any ensure or anything) How does that add up?  Yes, they were different scales, but still.  Maybe staying home, not teaching and sitting and eating more?  So that makes for a grand total of... 18 pounds.  AH!
 

Maternity clothes? YES, all maternity clothes, I am so big I don't know if even my maternity clothes will fit me by the end of this! 
 

Stretch marks? I'm starting to get little traces of them (Nooooooo) and I'm almost out of my tummy cream, have to get some new stuff stat! 
 

Sleep: Pretty good, other than I wake up to leg cramps/spasms and pain in my ribs, then wake up your dad wandering blindly around in the dark without my contacts in trying to find my ice pack or heating pad til he gets up and gets it for me cause he is just awesome like that.  Want to know just how on board he is?  He said the other day that we should make sure to get a breast pump before you're born, so that starting from that first week we can take turns alternating feeding you during the night so I can get enough sleep.  I was like that's sweet babe, but I think I can manage nursing on my own?  Your dad is the most kind and caring guy I know.
 

Best moment this week: Getting my kid fix today teaching the kids at OANSA (I miss my first graders!) and making cute little cross crafts for Easter (thanks Gina for the donation!)... Also going with my friend Jaci after OANSA to see her new baby puppies that were less than 8 hours old.  They were so cute and little, and you started kicking when I held one of them on my belly.   I wrote this the other day but I just got back from the doctor today and I got to see YOU on the ultrasound screen and listen to your heartbeat... that trumps cute kids, Easter crafts, and puppy dogs!

Miss Anything? COFFEE (especially frozen coffee drinks) ... being able to stand/sit in one place for more than 10 minutes without having killer pain in my ribs...
 

Movement: SO MUCH - you are like a little gymnast in there girl - my favorite is when you kick and punch right through my shirt and my shirt moves around, it looks so funny!
 

Food cravings: Chocolate, milk, and milkshakes

Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really, but Santa puked up all over my yoga mat today, that was enough excuse not to do my pre-natal yoga today... oh yeah that and watching a video of Jaci's dog giving birth this morning, it was cool until she started eating the sac, the placenta, the umbilical cords.. EW EW EW, I am glad I don't have to do THAT!
 

Gender:  a beautiful precious little GIRL!
 

Labor Signs: Not that I know of 
 

Symptoms: Besides the scoliosis meets costochondritis that has me going through ice faster than I can freeze it... I would have to say BABY BRAIN.  Today I left a quesadilla burning on the stove for way too long, then left the hose running into the washer and flooded our whole laundry area.  You are taking all my brain cells girl!  Oh yeah that and heartburn and my bleeding gums all the time... I guess there are a lot of them, but you are worth every one! 

Belly Button in or out? WAY OUT
 

Wedding rings on or off? On
 

Happy or Moody most of the time:  pretty happy
 

Looking forward to: Going to the beach and the capital this week for Semana Santa!  Can't wait to rent out a beach house with friends, and going to the capital means two things (besides spending time with the family I loove) - 1. WENDY'S and 2. MCDONALD'S (just for the frosties and McFlurries!)  Also excited to see your Grandma Mexico who is coming to visit us this week! :) 


Okay well I think that's all for this week, since last week's post took me like 324932489 hours to upload all the photos from the baby shower.  Love you more and more everyday chica, and your dad and I can't wait to meet you in 72 more days! xoxo
Love,
Your momma

No comments:

Post a Comment