Feb 7, 2012

Wyldlife camp!

Well camp is coming up this weekend already! Thank you everyone for your support! The kids are soo excited about going this year, and it looks like we will have a pretty good turnout after all!
This past weekend we had another be a blessing. Which is a way for the kids to earn part scholarships for camp. We had about 20 kids show up on a Saturday morning and we went on over to the old folks home here in town. It was great fun. The kids were really out of their comfort zones, but once they started talking to them I think they really enjoyed it. I also know that the elderly had a great time with them. We brought some games like UNO, and Dominoes to play with them. They really enjoyed the company. I talked to a couple people or listened to them talk mostly, but probably only picked up about 20% of what they were saying most of the time. All in all it was a great time. Thank you so much for helping support this cause. Here are a couple photos of our time.
This is a funny picture because it looks like Josue was in a real heated conversation with this nice old lady. I think they were talking politics?

But as you  can see they found some common ground and made up ha haaa.

I talked with my friend Santiago for a while he talked mostly about how he wanted to get out of there and couldn't wait until Monday when his family was coming to pick him up. He also told me all about his life as a bean farmer, and how difficult that was compared to these days.

Smirnof, and Sueliedy playing dominoes with a couple old friends, I guess they got whooped every game they played

No comments:

Post a Comment