We are starting to transition into some new projects for the high school, not sure where to go from here. We just finished up our lesson on the Chinese New Year, which was a great time. The kids had to research and write a one page paper on how the Chinese celebrate the new year on the other side of the world. In the research they were to include images of paper lanterns or lamp shades that the found online. This was a difficult project for some especially those who thought they could skip out on their research and start designing. There were a couple who decided to wait until the last minute and still a couple that have yet to turn anything in. For the most part I think the kids did alright. One of the students is still trying to make his lantern fly with hot air. We tried again today but still no luck. Our fuel source burns too quickly and not hot enough after trying a number of different things and turning the art room into a smoke room I think I might have a solution. However in the process we burned up some of the lantern so we will try to fix that tommarow and try one of my last solutions. Afterwards we talked a bit about their disappointments with their projects and where they think they went wrong and could've done better. We talked a little more in depth on the design process, and we hope to dive a little deeper with our next project which is Architecture of the world.
The 6th graders made some Op-Art using line, and paper. They were to use color, line, and shading to attempt to show depth. These turned out great! Some of the best examples I handed back to the kids and never got a photo of, but these are really good too!
The 5th Graders are working on a water color/glue painting, which is not done yet, and I'm not sure if they will work yet so stay tuned
4th Graders have been making collages with magazine paper. Which I hope I will have enough glue to finish. The sand project took a ton of glue, and the school has still been sitting on their hands to get me supplies that I asked for last year! So running out of ideas fast. However I was thankful when I was given some construction paper yesterday from one of the admin. about 5 sheets of each color, if I divide that buy 200 students everyone might get a inch! ha haaa
3rd Grade has been working on their abstract names. Some turned out great. Others were bored with coloring in about 15min. These two wanted to move on and hand in a half finished project. I was soo pleased with them because while the others moved on with another project these kids stuck it out and I think they turned out great and it was worth the extra effort.
First and Second graders drew magnified ladybugs focusing on details, with the use of a grid to plot out their designs.
No comments:
Post a Comment