Feb 13, 2012

22 weeks

Here's your momma playing Susie Homemaker in the kitchen this weekend - a rare sight!  I don't know why I hold my belly like that - it feels like I'm holding onto you but it just looks like I have to pee! :)
Baby Girl is the size of a Summer Squash!

Hi Baby Girl,

How are you feeling in there?  You've been moving around a lot!  I used to never be able to sit still and now I think I could lay for hours just feeling you move around without ever getting bored.  The other teachers and my students are now able to feel you kick too!  The kids in my class come and put their ear to my belly all the time cause they say they can hear you.  I wonder what they hear in there?  I am always playing with them - now when we do point basket with my 6 groups of kids, I ask you to kick the amount of times for which group you think is behaving the best and should win.  Then I say "2 kicks - points go to group 2!"  I don't know if they fall for this, but they love it anyways.  This week they had fun naming you again.  Your name was Roxana, Jaila, Llenifer, and Cristal (again, that's a popular name here I guess).  


We celebrated our 100th day of school this week.  I asked the kids to bring in 100 of something and we had special "100" themed centers.  
Eddily brought in 100 hearts to pass out to friends!


Showing off our 100 Day Crowns!


Kiara put on her Wacky Wish poem that she wishes for 100 babies because she says she wants 100 of you! (I'm okay with just carrying one though :)
Here they are at centers writing their 100 favorite things about school - can you guess what made the #1 spot?




Of course you did!  You are a popular girl!! 

This weekend your daddy was away at Wyldlife Camp with his youth group.  I missed him, but I made it a productive weekend.   I cleaned, swept, mopped, did laundry, grocery shopped, taught myself to cook a few new dishes (thank you Pinterest - and my awesome teacher friends who helped :), and even hid little notes for him all over the house.  I don't think I have a domestic bone in my body, but I love your daddy a LOT and wanted him to come home happy, cause he makes me happy all of the time.  Right now he's sleeping like a baby.  He said the boys in his cabin kept him up til 4a.m. and played pranks early in the morning with things like toothpaste in hair and baby powder in the sheets.  He said they even toilet papered their own cabin.  Your daddy is a trooper. 

On Saturday at OANSA, we had "Disgusting Day" with the kids where they did disgusting things like eating peanut butter out of diapers.  I wonder if kids will still play these kinds of games when you're older?

I read the silly note that you dad wrote you in the last blog, it made me laugh.  He is a funny guy.  It also made me wonder - will technology really advance that far by the time you are our age?  It kinda scares me to think about.  Believe it or not baby girl, I grew up before the internet even existed.  And you know what?  It was fantastic.  I hope you are still able all the things I did in my childhood.  Camping out in tents.  Singing around the campfire and roasting anything and everything over it - marshmallows, hot dogs, pizza pies, hobo pies, and even pancakes.  Going berry picking and picking wild flowers.  Running through the sprinkler.  Making up secret clubs with secret names and secret languages.  Building sandcastles.  Going on "mystery trips".  Building forts out of chairs and blankets.  Having bicycle parades down the street with friends.  Playing neighborhood tag and "Cops and Robbers".  I was lucky to grow up on a lake in such a fun neighborhood living on Silver Hill Drive - someday I will take you there and show you the house that I grew up in.  In the summers, I put on my bathing suit every morning and went swimming, boating, and tubing all day long.  We had paddle boat races, pig roasts, water games, and 4th of July fireworks with all the kids who lived on our street.  On summer nights, we all brought our lawn chairs over to our neighbor's house where we watched "drive-in movies" in the backyard and he popped popcorn in his popcorn machine for us.  It was the best.  I hope you can enjoy some of these same things that I did as a little girl.

And while the internet is way overrated, I still do love using it to learn more about how to take care of you!  I came across this blog post the other day that I loved called Rules for Mothers of Daughters.

http://diapersdaisies.blogspot.com/2012/01/rules-for-mothers-of-daughters.html

I love it.  You probably won't be able to click on it anymore by the time you can read this, but it made me decide to make my own list of rules, or promises actually, for you.  So here it goes:

1.  I promise to love you unconditionally.  I will love you through your highest and lowest moments.  I will love you through your greatest accomplishments and biggest mistakes.  Even when it might not feel like it, remember that I always always ALWAYS love you.  No matter what.  

2.  I promise that as much as I love you, you will not come first.  I know you're thinking, What Mom?!  But I promise to try my best to live my life in this order:

1. God  2. Your dad  3. You  

I know it's going to be really hard cause I haven't even met you yet, and I love you SO much already, but I promise to try to keep these straight.  If I can get the first two right, I think the love you will be getting will be so much better anyways.


3.  I promise that we will have fun together.  We will get dirty, be silly, use our imaginations, and laugh til our bellies hurt.  We will have dance parties, pajama parties, and tea parties.  We'll play dress-up, whether as princesses or superheros - you can pick.  I will love all of it as long as I am with you.


4. I promise to be your biggest fan.  Whether it is at a dance recital, t-ball game, or graduation, I promise I will do my very best to be there at every one cheering in the front row.  I will probably embarrass you, but remember that I'm just doing it because I love you SO much and am just so proud of you.


5.  I promise to show you tough love and to discipline you.  I may seem harsh at times (this is the teacher in me!) but I will teach you to have manners and treat others with kindness and respect.  I will praise the bejeezes out of you when do well and give you the most fair consequences I can when you make the wrong choices.  Sometimes you might feel like you hate me, but I'm doing it because I LOVE YOU.


6.  I promise to do my very best to listen to you, really listen, even if there are things I don't want to hear.  I hope you will confide in me with all of your hopes, dreams, and fears.  I hope you will share your heart, and let me be there for you in whatever ways I can.


7.  I promise to read to you!  Your momma is a bookworm and I can't wait to read to you!  I can't wait to read Dr. Seuss, Eric Carle, and so many more!

8. I promise to love you for the person that you are.  If it's a ballerina, basketball player, or bookworm, I will love you for it.  If you're a homebody or a world traveler; a teacher, doctor, artist, or actress, I will love you and support you in whatever direction you decide to go. 


9.  I promise that I am going to push you to be the very best you can be and to live your life to the fullest.  I will hold you to high expectations.  I promise to be there when you fall and to love you through all of it.  


10. I promise to take you places.  There is so much I want to show you in this world!  I want to take you to Chicago to all the places I spent with your dad when I met him for the first time, to the places we worked together, traveled together, and went on our first dates.  The places I loved as a little girl  and that I hope you will too.


And it was going to be an even ten, but I have just one more...


11.  I promise I am going to screw up.  I am going to make mistakes.  Sometimes they might even be big ones.  I promise I am going to be a far from perfect mother.  Please forgive me for this and know that I even when I screw up, I still really really do love you. 

Okay, I know this is getting long now, but there's one more thing that I found online today that made me think of you and that I wanted to show you:

My dear one <3 

Since it's Valentine's Day week, love is a big theme here.  I am having a Valentine's Day party with my class this week and we are also having one at our house with the women from the local brothels.  So next week, I'll share with you all about it, as well as a few more of my thoughts on LOVE :)

Love you baby girl and can't wait to meet you in 18 weeks! xoxo

Love,
Your Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment