Hope this blog post finds you all well. Not sure how many of you saw my blog post from yesterday about my friend Christina Gazzarari Hall and her sweet baby girl Ainsley who was diagnosed yesterday with Cystic Fibrosis. I didn't share the post on facebook yet cause I was waiting on Christina's permission, but for those who found it anyways, thank you so much for your prayers, and for those who haven't read it, let me give you a quick recap.
Christina and I are friends from middle and high school and though we've been far away from each other for a while, we both were excited to be pregnant with baby girls with close due dates together and were able to follow each other's pregnancies this year via facebook. Christina has been a super sweet supportive friend to me and has sent encouragement and has been praying for baby Kenya in these recent weeks. I was really excited for her when she delivered her sweet baby girl Ainsley last week and to see of all the gorgeous pics of her on facebook. Then I read Christina's devastating news yesterday that Ainsley was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis. I think being a new mom, and a new mom with the experience I have in these past weeks made my heart break in ways for Christina and her family that it never could have before. Last night, I cried and prayed and thought of Christina all night and couldn't sleep (who sleeps anyways with a newborn though right?). Lots of people were praying last night for Ainsley after getting this news. I wondered if God could make another miracle come true for baby Ainsley like He did for our little girl.
This morning, Dave told me there was another message from Christina in my inbox. I was hoping it would be her permission to post my blog asking for prayers. I asked him to read it right away. Instead of an answer about my blog, it was a note from Christina saying that the lab had called to report that they had screwed up little Ainsley's test results and that she doesn't really have cystic fibrosis. Are you kidding me?!? I can understand something like this happening in say, the DR, where lab tests are done using baby food jars to hold samples and scrap pieces of paper laying over them with all the personal info. But this is my friend from the U.S. of A. We don't make these kinds of mistakes in America do we?
All I know is I cried tears of joy and was so overwhelmed to hear this news for Christina and her family. And I wanted to let you all know that little baby Ainsley had a miracle happen in her life just like Kenya did. Thank you to everyone who has been praying for sweet baby Ainsley. I am so thankful to God for another miracle for this beautiful baby girl. I think God is on a roll these days with these baby girl miracles and I can't praise and thank Him enough for it!!
| Thank you for your prayers for sweet baby Ainsley!! |
HOLY SMOKES!!!! That is amazing news, although an awful lab mistake, but I'm sure they are rejoicing!
ReplyDeleteWow!! This is such fantastic news for little baby Ainsley and her family!!! What a huge mistake for the lab to make. However, the main thing is that Ainsley is healthy and happy! :)
ReplyDelete