Jun 10, 2012

39 weeks

Baby Girl, you are the size of a watermelon! (I think you have been for a while now.. :)

Hey little chica,

Guess what we did? Instead of getting our scheduled c-section, we hiked a waterfall yesterday!  I felt like such a rebel.  Actually it was not very big or hard, did not involve scaling any rock, and would normally not allow for any sort of bragging right, but after 2 months of bedrest, I felt pretty sweet for doing it.  Don't worry though, I had a lot of help from my girlfriends who were there to catch me if I fell (I would have felt bad for them if I did cause that would be quite a catch!)  My friends were a little nervous that if you decided to start coming out at the waterfall, we wouldn't be able to get back up to the car, but you decided to stay put.  Even if you did decide to come out early, I think Jaci would have been game for delivering you right there.  She is crazy and adventurous like that.  

The water there was freezing but since it's been nearing 100 degrees everyday it felt so perfect and made for the perfect day.  Sitting in the sunshine, getting sprayed by the cold mist, hanging out with great girlfriends... I think it may have been the best day I've had since we found out we were having you!  Sometimes I forget how lucky I am to be able to live in such a beautiful country.  
Here are some pics from the day... (photo cred to Jaci Baily!:)  

Phyllis and Elissa were ready to catch my fall
With my favorite Miss Emelin... check out my buddha belly!

Picnic with Madelin and Emelin from church - I LOOOVE these girls!
Jaci and I going for a dip in the waterfall

Loving some coconut juice, perfect treat for the ride home!
Then today we did another trip with the OANSA kids to the monument in Santiago and to the movie theatre.  Thought maybe you would make your appearance there, especially with all the stairs going up.  But no luck there either.  The kids in my group were saying their leader was a "slow, fat turtle" (in a totally endearing way), but I was still proud of myself cause I made it up and down.  I guess you must be waiting for some really special place or moment?  For some of the kids, it was their first time off the mountain, first time at a movie theatre, and my favorite, their first time on an escalator.  They were like Will Ferrell from the movie Elf (one of my favorite movies we will watch every Christmas), scared to get on, and one of them went into a full splits going up the escalator.  I wonder if you'll do this with your first time on an escalator?  Some pics from our trip today...

Monument in Santiago
Picnic dinner in front of the monument
Group photo in front of the monument - can you find me?

View from the top
Kids being silly
Waiting for our movie to start with 40+ kids (we got there way too early!)
You helping me lead praise songs for the kids, with a few of the girls, at the movie theatre (can you tell one of the kids had my camera?)
It's crazy how for so long, I've been doing everything in my power to keep you inside, and now I'm doing everything I can to get you out!  Moving as much as I can, bumpy car rides and walks, your dad is making curried food for dinner and brewing up raspberry tea to drink over ice.  But so far you've been determined to stay put.  I wonder what you are waiting for?  Maybe you want to come next week to share your birthday with my cousin Lori or your Auntie Katie?  Your Auntie Jaci wrote you this note today...

Dear Baby Girl, your mom has eaten strange and spicy foods, walked to Timbuktu and back, and even hiked to and from a waterfall today. A hike which normal people have to catch their breath after climbing the stairs, not to mention women as pregnant as your mom. I think you owe it to her to come out and soon. Thanks and love you already! ;)


So you see, everyone wants you to come out to meet us!  Oh and speaking of bumpy car rides, your dad bought us a jeep!  It is still in really rough shape but he is working really hard on getting it ready for us and getting all the holes patched (wouldn't want you to fall through the floor!).  But yesterday we went for a ride up the mountain in it and it was a really shaky bumpy ride.  Maybe next we'll go for a ride on El Negro to get you moving??  Just kidding, I know you will come when you're ready.

Last week I told you we didn't know what made you decide to flip around and put your head down.  I told you about the things we did to take credit for getting you to turn around.  BUT we shouldn't have done that, cause it was totally a God thing.  There were so many people praying for you to flip, I have the most precious video of my first graders praying for you to put your head down, but right now it's not wanting to copy on here from facebook.  This is the link to the video, but I don't know if it will work:
Praying for baby girl to flip

It's crazy to think this might be the last letter I write to you - not ever of course, but with you still inside of me!  I'm trying to think of what I still need to tell you that I haven't written already.  I guess the most important things are what we've been saying all along... we love you, God loves you, sooo many people love you in so many places, we believe in you, you are a miracle, dream big, we know you are going to accomplish great things in your life.  You have been created with a great purpose girly, and I can't wait to see your life unravel in all it's beauty.  

We are starting to work on the paperwork to get your passport ready, it seems like a lot of hoops to jump through.  Hopefully we'll be able to get it done, cause everyone wants you to come to Michigan to visit this summer.  You can't imagine how many people want to meet you.  You are also going to have dual citizenship in the DR and the U.S., just like your dad did growing up.  I wonder if you will have better Spanish than your dad.  The people at the airport always laugh at him when he says "Yo soy dominicano" claiming he doesn't have to pay any fees, until he slaps his passport down and they all look flabbergasted about it and he gets to pass through with no charges.  

Well baby girl, you are almost here so I think I will leave it at this.  I'm sure your dad will sneak on here soon to write you and give out another letter of your name.  No one has been able to guess it so far.  People keep sending you goodies all the time.  You wouldn't believe all the awesome clothes and cool toys that you have already.  Love you baby girl and see you soon on the other side.

Love,
Your momma

 


No comments:

Post a Comment