37 weeks
Baby Girl, You are the size of a Swiss Chard!
Hi baby,
I've been a little behind on blogging so I'm going to combine two weeks into one. This week I celebrated my 30th birthday, I can't believe I'm 30, I feel so old. On Monday night, it was Jaci's birthday and so some friends from church had a double surprise birthday party for the two of us. I feel so blessed to have such good friends to make my birthday special.
Here is a picture of us about to blow out our candles... can you guess what we are wishing for?
Jaci said she was wishing that I would go into labor during the party (she didn't get her wish). I am keeping my wish a secret, but of course it was about you! Wednesday was my real birthday and it was very special too. (I was really wishing you might come out to see us that day, but I guess you wanted your own bday, can't blame you for that). Your Uncle Tim and Auntie Paola drove up from Santo Domingo and brought me a beautiful wooden rocking chair for my birthday that they bought on their last trip to Haiti. I love it and I can't wait to rock you in it all the time!
Baby Girl, You are the size of a Swiss Chard!
Hi baby,
I've been a little behind on blogging so I'm going to combine two weeks into one. This week I celebrated my 30th birthday, I can't believe I'm 30, I feel so old. On Monday night, it was Jaci's birthday and so some friends from church had a double surprise birthday party for the two of us. I feel so blessed to have such good friends to make my birthday special.
Here is a picture of us about to blow out our candles... can you guess what we are wishing for?
Jaci said she was wishing that I would go into labor during the party (she didn't get her wish). I am keeping my wish a secret, but of course it was about you! Wednesday was my real birthday and it was very special too. (I was really wishing you might come out to see us that day, but I guess you wanted your own bday, can't blame you for that). Your Uncle Tim and Auntie Paola drove up from Santo Domingo and brought me a beautiful wooden rocking chair for my birthday that they bought on their last trip to Haiti. I love it and I can't wait to rock you in it all the time!
On Friday I went into Dr. Simon here in town, and we saw that you did a flip! Everyone says you are going to be an acrobat. Now you are head down again. I wonder what made you decide to do that. If you were listening to all your dad's firm commands, or if it was the crazy exercises I did that made me feel like I had a bowling ball rolling up into my diaphragm. Whatever it was, I am happy that you did it. But now that means I just have to keep playing the waiting game until you are ready to make your debut. I hope it will be soon.
We are finally in the month of June now. It seems like all school year, I would tell people our baby would be born in June and it seemed like it was so far away. I can't believe June is finally here and that I'm going to meet you so soon! I can't wait to see what you look like and hold you and start our lives together. There are so many things I can't wait to do together. This weekend I had a pajama party with a bunch of the girls from church. Your dad made pizza, we played hide and seek, went out for ice cream, danced, colored, painted nails, and stayed up late watching movies. I can't wait to do all of these kinds of things with you. Judging by how much you move and how strong you are already, I think you are going to be an active girl and keep us running.
Everyday lately I wonder if today will be the day. I over analyze every pain and movement and symptom wondering if this could be it. It has been so hot here. My wedding rings got stuck last week cause my fingers were so swollen from the heat so I can't wear them anymore. It's been 100 and up, and I've been rotating through the same 3 loose dresses everyday, I don't know what I'll wear if I grow any bigger! Please come soon chica!! :)
Okay well your dad is going to write the 38 week letter. Love you baby girl.
We are finally in the month of June now. It seems like all school year, I would tell people our baby would be born in June and it seemed like it was so far away. I can't believe June is finally here and that I'm going to meet you so soon! I can't wait to see what you look like and hold you and start our lives together. There are so many things I can't wait to do together. This weekend I had a pajama party with a bunch of the girls from church. Your dad made pizza, we played hide and seek, went out for ice cream, danced, colored, painted nails, and stayed up late watching movies. I can't wait to do all of these kinds of things with you. Judging by how much you move and how strong you are already, I think you are going to be an active girl and keep us running.
| Pajama party with the girls from Templo Bautista! |
Okay well your dad is going to write the 38 week letter. Love you baby girl.
![]() | |||
| Water Day at OANSA with the firefighters... yes my eyes are closed and not a good pic of me, but it gives a good illustration of the beach ball I've got going on underneath my dress! |
38 weeks
Baby Girl, you are the size of a leek!
Here is a letter from your dad....
Dear baby girl,
Sorry it's been so long since I've written you, there is a lot on my mind that I want to tell you. I think your mom is going to explode and she is having difficulty moving around, but by the sounds of it, you aren't. You were right-side up then upside down, and who knows but I think all around. We are trying to figure things out with our lives these days and you are a big deciding factor in our future plans. However we try very hard to leave that up to God and hope you learn that from us some day. Some days its very difficult to understand His ways but in the end it becomes all the more clearer and always, always works out for the better. So right now we are anxiously waiting for your arrival. Your cuna (crib) is ready and I just purchased your mom a vehicle for her birthday the other day so she can drive you around in it (that's if she learns to drive a stick and doesn't have problems with driving you around in a junker for the time being, but its better then El Negro ( my motor) Who knows if we are still here when you become of age, it might someday be your vehicle, but maybe you will start out on El Negro first if your mom will let you.
It was your mom's birthday the other day, and we thought it'd be really cool if you and your mom shared the same birthday but it looks like God had other plans for you. I think its cool that you will have your own birthday but we will see, there will probably be someone out there that shares that special day with you, I'm sure of it. I am really looking forward to that day and I think you are too judging by how much you are bouncing around. It sometimes feels like you are going to jump right out of your mom's belly.
I am almost done with school for this year which is kind of sad, in some ways, but looking forward to what God has in store for us these next couple weeks and months and years. Anyways I thought I'd close this off with giving you and everyone else out there the first letter of your name since your mom really wants it to be a surprise but she has already told like all of HER friends and I haven't told anyone. So I figured I'd drop a hint to everyone else out there of what your name is one letter at a time. Every day or so until you're born which means you should be coming very soon hopefully I will give a new letter of your name and well if I did it every day it would take 15 days so that's your count down. Don't come before that or no one will know your name. Look forward to see you very soon. Baby K..............
Love, Dad
Dear baby girl,
Sorry it's been so long since I've written you, there is a lot on my mind that I want to tell you. I think your mom is going to explode and she is having difficulty moving around, but by the sounds of it, you aren't. You were right-side up then upside down, and who knows but I think all around. We are trying to figure things out with our lives these days and you are a big deciding factor in our future plans. However we try very hard to leave that up to God and hope you learn that from us some day. Some days its very difficult to understand His ways but in the end it becomes all the more clearer and always, always works out for the better. So right now we are anxiously waiting for your arrival. Your cuna (crib) is ready and I just purchased your mom a vehicle for her birthday the other day so she can drive you around in it (that's if she learns to drive a stick and doesn't have problems with driving you around in a junker for the time being, but its better then El Negro ( my motor) Who knows if we are still here when you become of age, it might someday be your vehicle, but maybe you will start out on El Negro first if your mom will let you.
It was your mom's birthday the other day, and we thought it'd be really cool if you and your mom shared the same birthday but it looks like God had other plans for you. I think its cool that you will have your own birthday but we will see, there will probably be someone out there that shares that special day with you, I'm sure of it. I am really looking forward to that day and I think you are too judging by how much you are bouncing around. It sometimes feels like you are going to jump right out of your mom's belly.
I am almost done with school for this year which is kind of sad, in some ways, but looking forward to what God has in store for us these next couple weeks and months and years. Anyways I thought I'd close this off with giving you and everyone else out there the first letter of your name since your mom really wants it to be a surprise but she has already told like all of HER friends and I haven't told anyone. So I figured I'd drop a hint to everyone else out there of what your name is one letter at a time. Every day or so until you're born which means you should be coming very soon hopefully I will give a new letter of your name and well if I did it every day it would take 15 days so that's your count down. Don't come before that or no one will know your name. Look forward to see you very soon. Baby K..............
Love, Dad


No comments:
Post a Comment