Liebster is a German word which means "dearest" or "beloved". It is also used to refer to as someone's "favorite" and the idea of the Liebster Blog Award is to bring attention to blogs with less than 200 followers that deserve more recognition and encouragement.
I was nominated for this award by Rachel Sawyer at Sawyers in the Sun, who I have been so lucky to get to know by having two of her awesome kiddos, Tate and Gracie, in my class these past couple of years. If you haven't seen her blog, make sure to go check it out, like right now - I promise no matter which one you click on, it will always leave you either super inspired, laughing like crazy, or both. Besides being a huge support system as the parent of two of my students, Rachel has been a friend and mentor to me through thick and thin when I needed it most, and I know I am one of many JCS teachers who admire her greatly and say things like "when I grow up, I want to be Rachel Sawyer". (if you saw her house, family, and work she does, you would totally understand) I love you Rachel - thanks for the nomination!
There are certain rules that come with the Liebster Blog Award:
1. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
2. Reveal your top five picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
4. Hope that the people you've sent the award to forward it on to their five favorite bloggers and keep it going!
Here are my Top 5 Picks:
1. A Typical Life
This blog is written by my BFF Lauren of (almost) 30 years (ah that's hard to write). She started it when she moved to Germany a couple of years ago and chronicles all of her European adventures in beautiful detail that makes me feel like I'm right there beside her (which is great because I miss her SOOOOO much). Besides being the director of an English immersion pre-school center, the vice pres. of the American Women's Club, and an incredibly talented writer and photographer, she is also one of the most kind and compassionate people I've come across in these (almost) 3 decades of I've been alive. And she's my best friend, so that's enough reason - go check her out now!
2. Six year olds and Siestas
This one is written by my DR BFF Johanna Craig, who is also my fellow first grade teacher. Johanna is one of those people whose joy and enthusiasm for teaching is so contagious that it just spills out on everyone she meets (especially me since I am lucky enough to teach with her!) I am constantly learning from her everyday, and love when she comes in the morning eager to share all of the teaching ideas she finds on pinterest and Teacher Tipster. I can't imagine how I will ever say good-bye to her this summer! Her blog is full of photos and stories of all the fun things she does with her adorable little munchkins. If you find she hasn't written in a while, it's probably because she is too busy pouring 24-7 into her students as she always does! Go check her out!
3. Haiti Foundation Against Poverty
Okay, so here's where I start being a creeper with the blogs. I have been reading this blog for a little while and I don't think I've commented yet. But, I'm going to go ahead and share anyways. I don't know if she even remembers this, but I met Mallery on my plane ride from Haiti five years ago, and will never forget turning around to see this young college-aged girl holding a gorgeous Haitian baby in her arms and of course I started talking her ear off and asking questions for what was probably our entire 2 flights back. And I was thinking two things the whole time - 1. This is so amazing what she is doing (I was a little jealous I think), but 2. Does she know what she is getting herself into? Well I don't know if she did, but God sure did. Since then I have found we have mutual Michigan acquaintances and we reconnected somehow sometime (I don't remember, I think on facebook..) but WHOA it is unbelievable what this young gal has done since then. I could write about the orphanage, school, and all the ministries she has started in Haiti since that flight when I met her, but I think you just need to go see for yourself. I think her cause is definitely one worth supporting and learning more about - so go see it!
4. Wegen Tales
This is a blog a friend referred me to last year when I had my miscarriage. It tells the heartbreaking and beautiful story of a woman who has 5 babies in heaven, and how she turned her own tragedy around to bring comfort and peace to so many other women who have been through this experience. Warning - this blog will make you BAWL like a baby. And if you've been through miscarriages like I have, then you may want to grab two boxes of kleenex cause it is powerful. But I promise it will also leave you with inspiration and hope and just in absolute awe of this amazing lady. It is definitely a story you must read, and a blog worth following.
5. Waiting for the Mini-Goerlich to Arrive
This blog comes from my former roommate Heather who I lived with in Germany when I was student teaching. Even though life has taken us to different places very far apart, I love that we have this in common - she just documented her whole pregnancy of her new baby girl. She just had her little girl recently so she has been a little over a trimester ahead of me through all of this, and I have loved reading all about her pregnancy and now all about her gorgeous baby girl. I feel like every week I can log in to see what's coming next, what I have to look forward to, what I can prepare for - I just love it! Go see Heather and her pretty little girl!
Is there room for one more?!
6. The Haney Life
This one comes from another Rachel, who I grew up with and is kinda like my cousin I think (probably like one of those once removed whatever things I don't get, so we'll just say cousin :) Anyways, I came across her blog last year when she was pregnant and it is SO cute. I love seeing updates of her precious precious baby boy and I love that she is such a true and honest writer and I eat up every word she writes and photo that she puts up. Reading her blog is what first got me excited about the idea of pregnancy blogging. She is awesome - go see her!
Okay, so those are my nominations. Please go visit these pages and leave them some comment love - I think it will make their day (from my own experience, I love random comments from strangers - it always makes me feel good, and I promise I don't think it's creepy at all and neither will these bloggers :)
Love,
Kristin
No comments:
Post a Comment