Jan 20, 2010

Hi all,
Sorry for the mass email but I have been getting lots of concerned emails.  A quick update for those that don't know.... I'm sure everyone knows by now that there was another big 6.1 earthquake in Haiti this morning.  Dave is still in Haiti now in our hospital at Tabarre, he left at 4a.m. yesterday morning.  He was supposed to come back this morning with Jeanvie but there is something wrong with the brakes on the truck so it's getting fixed.  He is okay and so are the other volunteers and kids at the orphanage there.  In Port-au-prince I hear it is bad but I don't have a tv here to watch the news and don't know details.  I hear a lot more buildings have come down.  Dave's brother Tim is in Haiti as well, along with his cousin Wes and cousin Daniel who are doctors helping in Port-au-Prince.  I got word that Wes is okay, but haven't heard anything yet about Tim or Daniel.  There may be this info. available on facebook but that is blocked here so check in if you can and let me know asap.  Please pray they are okay.  I hear there are lots more collapsed buildings and lots more death, which is scaring aid workers and they are pulling out.  Please pray for the people of Port-au-Prince and that the Lord give strength to those helping there, I can't imagine how much more terrible it could be there.  They are working under extreme conditions in danger and poverty.  If you want to donate, you can donate directly on www.nph.org on the homepage and the money will come straight here where we are loading and sending trucks with specific supplies requested of the hospital in Haiti.  They have done countless surgeries and especially amputations already.  But for now please pray pray pray and forward this on to all you know to pray.  Going to teach for the p.m., and then tomorrow will have my assitant Maria take over and I will be the new visitor coordinator to coordinate our many many doctors that are flying in and using the orphanage here as a stepping stone to get to Haiti.  Thanks for all the prayer, encouragement, and donations.
Love,
Kristin

1 comment: