So for those who haven't seen it, I have a new hobby - making baby headbands! It started with making them for Kenya, and then Dave and I had the idea to open our own etsy shop! We're starting with baby headbands, but have lots of other ideas too... and we are giving a percent of every sale to help girls and women living in oppression in developing countries! Even though our etsy shop is not open yet (hopefully by tomorrow), I've been selling these headbands and hairclips like hotcakes. Here are some that are still for sale - let me know if you're interested in purchasing and supporting a good cause at the same time! My amazing sister-in-law Lisa DeYoung and I had way too much fun with our photo shoot today - aren't I lucky to know so many people with such mad photography skills? (it helps I have a very photogenic baby too!)
So here are some pieces from the collection... (all on sale now!)
This red and white number goes well with almost any Christmas outfit...
A flower headband can be used again and again for any occasion!
This red sparkly number is festive and fun! (and spoken for, but I can create something similar ;)
And then you have your "over the top" headband...
Perfect for a photo shoot, and can be dressed up or down (the green tutu and ornament garland are fun accessories!)
And great for all ages! (Here is Kenya's cousin Zoe modeling this headband too!)
Here is another Christmas headband that's not quite so "over the top" (but still fun!) |
| Perfect with some Christmas beads |
This one is sure to make any baby smile...
Kenya modeling her bloomers...
Kenya the Christmas fairy modeling a red and green polka dot headband!
| Check out that cute bum! |
And now for some cousin love... (just for fun)...
| So they made you wear one too huh? |
| Hey let me try yours on... |
| Okay, I'll settle for a story instead! |
| Mom, she keeps trying to get my headband! |
This is JUST the beginning! Lots more to come! Please comment/message/email if you are interested in buying a headband or hairclip to support our cause - will be starting Valentine's Day headbands next! (and all occasion ones too!)
Thank you Lisa DeYoung for all of the awesome photos!
This are so sweet and my goodness, Kenya is getting so big!!! She looks so much like your husband now from the photos I have seen of him. She is gorgeous and looks like the happiest little girl ever. Unfortunately Alidia is now at the point that she would rip a headband off the minute we put it on her, but these are all very beautiful. Great work!!
ReplyDelete- Fiona
PS - I moved my blog over to wordpress so my name here now show up as palmtreemama, but this is Fiona from Life Amongst The Palm Trees. New site is http://palmtreemama.wordpress.com
Kris and Dave, your headbands are DARLING! Not quite as cute as Kenya, but darling nonetheless. Can't wait to check them out on Etsy! xx Laur
ReplyDelete