Oct 29, 2012

Thank you... and a couple of invitations :)

Thank you to so many people who read my last post and have prayed for me and encouraged me.  It felt really liberating to be able to open up and share, and all of the kind words from people have really touched my heart.

As many of you know, I am planning to be in Detroit area this weekend to sell our hair products from our "La Alianza" ministry in the Dominican Republic at the Freedom Marketplace, which is part of the Michigan Abolitionist Project.  Hopefully Kenya will be there to model the hair products too. :)  This would be a great place to come and do Christmas shopping as there will be handmade products from all over the world, and all the money you spend will go to support great causes!  It is this Saturday, November 3rd from 9am-2pm at Alexander Learning Center Building, 11 Grand Ave., Mt. Clemens, Michigan 48043.

We will be selling hair pieces like this one and 100% of the profits will go to help our La Alianza ministry in the DR!
Since I will be in the area, I thought of organizing something that evening to do with friends and, after sharing my blog yesterday, I decided to make it a small fundraiser to raise money for women with severe birth injuries like mine.  So here's the plan... I am going to show a short documentary film about childbirth injuries in developing countries and share about my birth story and the injuries from my birth.  I think it is really important to raise awareness on this issue as hundreds of thousands of women around the world also suffer from similar experiences as what I have gone through.  Being able to share my story and use it for good will help me in my own healing process too.  This will be this Saturday, November 3rd at 6:30pm.  Snacks and beverages will be provided, as well as screening of the film, for suggested donation of $10 (or desired donation).  100% of money raised will be donated to the prevention and treatment of birth injuries in developing countries.  This event will be for women only, and might be uncomfortable for young girls or women who have not yet given birth.  If you are interested in coming, please email me at kristin.deyoung@gmail.com or facebook message me and I will send you the address of the event.  I know it's last minute, but I would love if you could make it! 

Also, one last thing... I obviously need to change the title of my blog as we are no longer in the Dominican so I am looking for ideas... if you have an idea, please let me know. :)

Thank you for all of your love and support, and for helping me fight this fight.

Love,
Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment