The 2nd small donation made on behalf of the Kenya Foundation is to "Sawyer's Run 2012". Sawyer's Run is actually happening today (right now as we speak), but I just got the idea to share about it on the blog. While it may be too late to get out there and run, it is not too late to pray for this amazing family and all of the people who are running on Sawyer's behalf.
Now to fill you in on the cause.....
This is Brent and Jenny (Smither) Brown. Beautiful people right? Believe it or not, they are even more gorgeous on the inside. I grew up with Jenny's older sister Katie who is a close friend of mine and became to close to all of the Smither family. AMAZING people. I could go on and on and on about the Smither family and all they do to make the world a better place (but that would be an entire blog in and of itself). Katie and some of the others from the Smither family were also some of the first people to reach out and help when we were going through our situation with Kenya.
Though Jenny was a couple of grades below me in school and I didn't have the chance to get to know her as I would have liked to, it is easy to say she is one of the strongest and most beautiful women I have ever met. You can read her story about the loss of her precious son Sawyer here on her blog - http://www.sawyersrun.org/why-we-run/. Make sure to have a box of kleenex handy, because it is that moving and that incredible. Jenny has turned the tragedy she has endured with Sawyer into a beautiful way to help children in need who are in the foster care system, and every year has a whole bunch of people get together to run in Sawyer's honor. I wish I could be out there today, but want Jenny to know that even though I can't run with her, I am praying for her and her family. Please pray for Sawyer's Run today, and get involved in other ways that you are able. I know someday I will have the privilege of meeting little Sawyer in heaven as well as my little babes I have lost to miscarriages, and I know Sawyer is a happy boy watching down as his mommy and daddy honor him today by helping so many other children in need.
Thank you again to all of you who make The Kenya Foundation possible. It is really exciting for us to share and raise awareness about such amazing people and worthy causes out there! Love you all (and promise to share a Kenya update for you soon too!)
Love,
Kristin, Dave, and Kenya DeYoung
No comments:
Post a Comment