I know I say every month (or every other month) things are so crazy and that's why I haven't been blogging... but this time it is REALLY true cause things got REALLY crazy busy. We moved into a new house in Grand Rapids (finally on our own after almost a whole year of living with different family), after several interviews Mommy took a teaching job for fall in Jenison, and to keep up my teaching certificate now I'm in grad school online. All these changes happened in the same week! But even though things are busy, I'm still having lots of fun with you and there is so much happening. Here's a peek at what you've been up to these past couple of months....
Things you're doing:now:
- WALKING!!!!!!!! (all by yourself all the time!!)
- Blowing kisses
- Giving kisses (lots of big open mouthed ones)
- Pointing at everything you want
- Giving hugs
- Imitating us (wiping my face off, putting my shoes on your feet, talking on the phone, etc.)
- Cleaning up your toys by yourself
- Throwing, chasing and kicking balls
- Blueberries (frozen ones)
- Nya nya (Kenya)
- Anta (Santa)
- Bah (ball and bye)
- Nana (Nurse)
- A whole lot more I'm just not sure what they all mean yet :)
- Sleeping in your own room/bed (you finally have your own room for the first time and you hate it!)
- Being told no or having something taken away
- Teething - you look like you're in pain!
- Being left alone to play - you are very social and want to be with people all the time!
- Meeting new people when you're not ready
- Grand Rapids of course, because we moved here!
- Jackson for Auntie Melissa's birthday at Olive Garden
- Holland for the Tulip Festival with Great Grandma DeYoung
- Owosso to meet my former students and teacher friends there who supported you
- Waterford to stay with Grandma B for a weekend and to meet Auntie Tracey's new baby
- Beverly Hills to visit Grandma and Grandpa there and celebrate my birthday
- The Detroit Zoo for Mommy's birthday with Uncle Bradley, Jenna, Grandma and Grandpops
- Lansing to PF Chang's with Auntie Melissa for my birthday
- Milford to spend a girls' weekend with Auntie Katie
- Kalamazoo for Memorial Day (Mommy had to stay home to write a research paper, no fun!)
- Jenison to meet Mom's future students and check out daycares (this makes me sad but we found a really good one with Spanish immersion!)
- Rochester Hills for Katilyn Ward's graduation (we missed most of it because we took a break to see the swimmers at OU and you chucked your shoe way over the bleachers and almost into the pool so we were on a shoe hunt for most of the ceremony) And some photos.....
The Detroit Zoo...
At the graduation....
Celebrating Auntie Melissa's birthday...
A picture of our new place...
Your very own room for the first time (the before picture)....
A handful of others...
There are a million more I could add, but this is all for now... and last but not least the video of you walking!
Now I'm off to work on birthday and nursery decorations - your party is this Saturday!! Love you baby girl and can't believe you are almost 1 year old!!!
Love, Your mama